International Business Forum
The Ministry of Business, Commerce and Entrepreneurship organized an International Business Forum on August 30 and 31 at the Parliament Palace, with over 800 participants – diplomats, businessmen, government officials, employers’ representatives and chambers of commerce. Smart Alliance – Innovation Technology Cluster and Omega Trust were present at the event as representatives of the ICT industry in Romania, creators of innovative solutions meant to support companies in their path of becoming the best in their field.
The aim of the action was to stimulate successful Romanian entrepreneurs in the direction of opening up to new export markets and opportunities to invest in other markets. On behalf of the Romanian Government, Ana Birchall, Deputy Prime Minister for Strategic Partnership Implementation, and Victor Negrescu, Deputy Minister for European Affairs, spoke.
At the plenary session on 30 August, more than 50 embassies accredited in Bucharest sent their representatives at ambassadors level, business, trade counselors, or diplomatic mission heads.
On the second day of the International Business Forum, the diplomats of the embassies accredited in Bucharest, representatives of the Romanian business environment and government officials sat at the same table in the 12 workshops organized by country. The Romanian entrepreneurs were able to identify new business opportunities in the United States of America, Israel, Germany, Austria, France, Turkey, Malta, South Africa, Morocco, Egypt, obtaining information directly from ambassadors or economic representatives about markets, opportunities business, tax incentives or legislation
We successfully made contact with:
- USA: Joshua Burke, Commercial Attache & Deputy Senior Commercial Office at US Embassy Romania
- Austria: Gerd Bommer, Comercial Counsellor at the Austrian Embassy
- Israel: Tamar Samash, Ambassador + Bareket Knafo, Commercial Attached at the Israelian Embassy
- Egypt: Ayman Aly Osman Hassan, Commercial Plenipontentiary Minister of Embassy RA Egypt
- Franta: Michel Cywinsky – Economic Counselor, Head of the economic service of the French Ebassy in Romania
- Africa de Sud: HE Jabu Mbalula, Ambassador
- Canada: Brad Niblock, Senior Trade Commsisioner of the Embassy of Canada
- Malaezia: Chenderawasih Binti Abdul Malak, 1st secreatry of the Malayasian Embassy in RO
- Australia: Andrea Carlo Biggi – Deputy Head of Mission
During the event our cluster managed to form connections and meaningful partnerships with important economical missions, like ROSABA (Romanian South African Business Association).
”We were honored to participate at this event on behalf of our industry alongside other relevant players in the market. We were extremely high regarded, because we are one of the few clusters in Romania that promotes and supports innovation in ICT. After this event we are extremely confident that we successfully represented our industry, as we managed to strenghten our position in the international market and in the same time ignited conversations that nurture meanginful partnerships with high impact for the members of our cluster, and to our economy.” said Emanuela MODORAN, CEO of Smart Alliance – Innovation Technology Cluster.
We were present at the event alongside our Civil Society Partner, USH Pro Business, and our member Omega Trust. Find out more on our website, www.smartalliance.ro